The city of dreams! The city that never sleeps! The city where hope never dies! Call it by any name, yet the city will remain the same – Mumbai! It is considered to the heart of the nation, as it is the most happening city regarding fashion and culture, while the same city is known to be flourishing multiple folds in no time.
Known as Bombay until 1995, it is the capital city of Maharashtra. It has over 18.4 million population and has well-connected modes of transport to all cities and countries across the globe. This city has been acclaimed as the Alpha world city and has a record of holding the highest GDP in the south, Central, and Western Asia.
Ahmedabad to Mumbai Flights
If one wanted to drive from Mumbai to Ahmedabad or vice versa, it is possible via the well-connected roads and highways within approximately 9 hours. However, both cities are well developed and have multiple flights to and fro.
Both these cities are just 532 km away, and thus the flight journeys are not too long. A direct flight from any of these cities will take about an hour to reach the destination. There are about 36 direct flights to these cities, and there are numerous domestic and international connecting flights from Mumbai to Ahmedabad and vice versa.
The flight charges may vary depending on season, availability and dates. However, you can get the flight tickets at quite a pocket-friendly price, starting from Rs. 1, 00 and going as high as possible.
Best time to visit Mumbai
Speaking in general, the city Mumbai has the 12 months divided into three seasons – the cool or winter season which begins in December and ends in February. Then the dry season starts in March and ends in June and again leading to the humid season from September through November. The monsoon season lies in the middle from Mid-June to August.
Multiple surveys and real-time feedback from tourists have proved that there is no right or wrong season to visit this beautiful place. All the seasons have experience high tourist footfalls – local or global. The season depends on your likings –
- November to February is the best time for you if you love chilly mornings and windy evenings. These months are the most pleasant months in the city of Mumbai as the temperature in these days can go up to as low as 10 degrees. Majority of Christians love to be in this city at that time, keeping in mind the fantastic events during Christmas and New Year.
- June to October – Well, well! Who doesn’t like the monsoon? A hot cup of coffee and some Indian snacks by the beach on a cool, breezy day, where it might look like it could rain later in the day. It is the perfect scene a Mumbai beach can get. This is considered to be the best time to plan your weekend getaways too – to cities like Pune and Lonavala, which are beautiful hill stations, not very far from Mumbai.
Hotels in Mumbai
This place has a mix of hotels. If you want some exotic stays, there are a lot of 5 stars and 7-star hotels like Taj and Oberoi that will give you the best experiences. The place also has some decent 3 and 4-star hotels for those who are looking for comfortable hotels, which are not very expensive. Some of the best hotels in Mumbai are –
- The Leela – Located in the Sahar, this hotel is one of the best-reviewed places
- Ibis Novotel – Located in two different locations of the city, this hotel will never disappoint you regarding view and services.
- Hyatt Regency Hotels – Who doesn’t know about the world-class services of the Hyatt group? Located very near to the airport, this hotel is just perfect.
- The Taj Group – When in Mumbai, how could you NOT go to one of the Taj hotels? They are known for their excellent services, rich heritage and emphasises on the Indian culture.
Restaurants in Mumbai
You just cannot afford to miss some amazing foods that you get in this city. From the local street food to some exquisite dine-ins, this place is known for its food. Here are some brilliant places, you shouldn’t miss –
- Ziya – A restaurant within the Oberoi hotels is known for its innovation in the traditional Indian cuisines.
- The Table – This place has been listed as one of the top restaurants in Asia. Need we say anything else? You are going to fall in love with the ambiance of this place and food is just exceptional!
- Indigo – Love a romantic ambiance? Then this is one place you just cannot escape. It has an open terrace option too where you can enjoy the multiple cuisines served here.
- Leopold Café – If you love art and old heritages of different countries, then you are simply going to love this place which is one of the oldest famous cafes and restaurants of the city.
Offbeat things to do in Mumbai
- Explore and have a look at each Bollywood celebrity’s house from outside (you apparently won’t be allowed in). You may get lucky, to have a glimpse at the actor!
- Visit the Asia’s largest slum – Dharavi. It is located right in the heart of the city
- Art lovers? Have a look at the street art in Bandra
- Experience traditional Indian wrestlers have their day of practice in the real ‘Akhara.’
Connectivity from Mumbai Airport?
The city roads and metro lines are well developed, and hence you can choose to take a private transport of public transport from the airport to any place in the city
The first flight from Ahmedabad to Mumbai?
Operated by Air India, at 4:30 AM. Reaches the destination in about an hour
Last flight from Ahmedabad to Mumbai?
Operated by Go Air, at 11:50 PM. It reaches the destination in one hour, 20 minutes
What are the Major attractions in Mumbai?
Gateway of India, Essel World, Haji Ali Dargah, Siddhi Vinayak Temple, RBI Monetary Museum, Maratha Mandir